Longo Toyota/Scion and Longo Lexus, part of Penske Motor Group, LLC, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day. By adapting and providing superior guest service has made Longo the #1 Toyota retailer for 48 consecutive years and the world’s largest dealership.
We’re looking for Team Members who are eager, well-rounded, ambitious and who want to jump into a new and exciting career. Our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to ensure your success.
Some companies may promise the world by offering you a fancy title or tell you about a creative benefits program that doesn’t fit your personal needs. We firmly believe in transparency with everything that we do and in providing a variety of benefit offerings that allow our Team Members to select those that are important to them. With our average Team Member having been with Longo for more than 9-years, you can tell that these beliefs are deeply rooted in our culture.
Longo Toyota Service, Parts and Collision Repair Center
Health & Wellness
The Metal Technician is responsible for repairing and refinishing damaged vehicle bodies and parts in accordance with factory and dealership specifications.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; mechanical certification desired;
- At least five (5) years of automotive body repair experience;
- Proficient with Car-O-Liner Frame Machine, Car-Tronics and Pro-Spot Welders;
- Ability to read and comprehend Estimates;
- Ability to follow guides and directions;
- ASE Certification- ICAR preferred;
- Knowledge of automotive machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repairs, and maintenance; federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and percentages) and application;
- Ability to operate manual transmission; pay attention to detail; determines cause of operating errors on a range of makes and models and decides what to do about it; determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do the job; read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; and reads and comprehends instructions and information in the English language;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Reviews damage reports, prepares or reviews repair cost estimates, and plans work to be performed.
- Repairs vehicles bodies by removing, fabricating, attaching and aligning parts and per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- Removes damaged sections of vehicles for replacement by using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches, and installs replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Fits and welds replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment, and grinds down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools.
- Road tests to check the quality of work performed, as required.
- Examines vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Communicates requests with the parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Maintains communication with Estimators and CRC Managers on status of vehicle.
- Completes all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures.
- Achieves production objectives set by management.
- Operates tools and equipment in a safe manner and maintains then in a proper state of repair.
- Assists in all other areas of the CRC, as needed.
- Maintains assigned workspace in an organized and clean manner.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
- Maintains a high level of grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Competitive compensation (May vary based on experience)
- Full Time position available.
- Free Employee Parking. If that doesn’t work for you, we have great incentives for those who Ride Share.
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance this position from a Job to a Career.
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits to include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE, Dell, Microsoft, Quicken and many others.
- Access to our Health & Wellness Program which includes an on-site gym, Wellness Coach and more.
WHAT DO TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY?
Want to know what it’s like to work here? Check us out on Glassdoor.com! http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Penske-Motor-Group-EI_IE510101.11,29.htm
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/penskemotorgroupcareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/penskemotorgrp
Back to top