Internet Sales Manager
Mercedes-Benz of Marin, part of Penske Motor Group, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day. By adapting and providing superior guest service has made Mercedes-Benz of Marin a Mercedes-Benz Best of the Best award winner .
We’re looking for Team Members who are eager, well-rounded, ambitious and who want to jump into a new and exciting career. Our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to ensure your success.
Some companies may promise the world by offering you a fancy title or tell you about a creative benefits program that doesn’t fit your personal needs. We firmly believe in transparency with everything that we do and in providing a variety of benefit offerings that allow our Team Members to select those that are important to them. With our average Team Member having been with Penske Motor Group for more than 9-years, you can tell that these beliefs are deeply rooted in our culture.
We’re looking for the best and brightest to become part of our winning team! If you have experience in any industry or organization that focuses on providing a superior guest experience, then we encourage you apply today.
The Internet Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring guest retention and profitability by planning, organizing, and controlling the activities of the Internet Sales department and measuring the performance of salespeople.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; some college desired;
- A minimum of 3 years automotive Sales experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Previous experience running an Internet Department or BDC required;
- Knowledge of dealership financial statements; basic mathematical concepts (such as add, subtract, divide, multiply, and percentages) and application; automotive finance; equity values and depreciation; and laws that govern retail automotive sales;
- Ability to coordinate activities with other employees and to oversee the work of subordinates; interview, hire and develop employees; create and perform corrective actions and performance appraisals; use good judgment in challenging situations, or in an emergency; interview, hire and develop employees; create and perform corrective actions and performance appraisals; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language; learn and understand the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail auto sales; work well with the public; communicate in a professional manner on the phone, internet and in person; use standard office equipment
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all Internet Sales representative
- Directs and schedules the activities of all sales representatives, ensuring proper staffing at all times.
- Works along side the General Manager to forecast goals and objectives for sales, gross, and key expenses on a monthly and annual basis.
- Sets sales and gross objectives for new/used car salespeople, as directed by the General Manager/General Sales Manager.
- Handles guests concerns that demand management’s attention tactfully, promptly, and with genuine concern for the guest’s problems.
- Ensures that common guest inconveniences, concerns, and misunderstandings are dealt with fairly and quickly.
- Communicates with salespeople to ensure that dealerships policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Guides all salespeople in setting their objectives on a short and long-range basis.
- Monitors the salespeople’s response rate on internet leads.
- Assists in development of programs of improvement for those salespeople who are failing to reach their objectives.
- Conducts daily and weekly sales training meetings as directed by the General Sales Manager.
- Provides proper product and training resources for salespeople on a regular and continuous basis.
- Insures all proper follow-up procedures are being used and maintained by the sales representatives.
- Processes salesperson commission sheets and monitors payroll records of salespeople.
- Assists salespeople in closing out deals and funding loans.
- Appraises trade-in vehicles, as needed.
- Achieves sales and forecasted goals.
- Assists in all other areas of the Sales department and performs other administrative duties, as needed.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
- Maintains professional appearance.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Highly Competitive wages
- Full Time position available.
- Free Employee Parking.
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance this position from a Job to a Career.
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits to include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE, Dell, Microsoft, Quicken and many others.
- Access to our Health & Wellness Program which includes a gym membership reimbursement program, Wellness Coach and more.
WHAT DO TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY?
Want to know what it’s like to work here? Check us out on Glassdoor.com! http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Penske-Motor-Group-EI_IE510101.11,29.htm
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/penskemotorgroupcareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/penskemotorgrp
Back to top