The UX Lead at Peloton lives on the Software Product team and reports directly to the VP of Product. This role is the first dedicated UX role, as all UX was previously executed by the individual Product Managers, who have and will continue to assume a hybrid UX/Product role.
The UX Lead will focus on designing large-scale, complex user-flows; conceptualizing information architecture; and prototyping experiences, especially for major new products and feature sets.
The UX Lead will collaborate with Product Managers on UX work for regular features and iterations, and act as a primary reviewer and guide of UX work executed by the PMs. In this way the UX Lead acts as a UX champion, advocate, and expert that should elevate our output across scrum teams.
The UX Lead will also work closely with the Product Design and Engineering teams to bring their UX to life and, along with the PM, oversee the execution.
Note: This is not a UI design role. At Peloton, the Product Design team executes visual interface design at the final layer.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the existing products, including our Android-based bike app, the website, and the iOS app
- Work closely with the VP of Product to tailor the overall Peloton software UX.
- Execute the UX of new major software products and feature sets.
- Create user flows, product maps, wireframes based on requirements from Product Management, and communicate UX clearly to relevant teams with functional specifications documents, et. al.
- Prototype prospective UX and run tests with end users.
- Evaluate, test, and improve upon existing Peloton UX.
- Oversee the UX executed by the Product Management teams and provide feedback and guidance.
- Work with Product Management, Engineering, and Product Design to ensure executed work matches UX vision.
- Have experience (and portfolio) around creating complex interfaces and flows on large-scale digital applications; can create a cohesive software UX from scratch.
- Bonus: has executed work on interaction-heavy consumer experiences, such as in gaming or similar field.
- Has an acute eye for detail and an ability to consistently capture edge-cases.
- Strong skill for quickly creating wireframes and other deliverables.
- Can produce clear and descriptive documentation for implementation.
- Understands interaction design fundamentals and best practices.
- Regularly tests and prototypes concepts, and can audit and evaluate usability.
- Has worked closely with engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Adept at communicating ideas to a variety of roles and personality types.
- Familiar with agile software development and lean UX processes.
- Exists on the cutting edge of product design, and strives to innovate.
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state-of-the-art studio and the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates while improving the mind and body.
Back to top