Senior Director, Marketing Creative
The Senior Director of Marketing Creative reports to the VP / Brand Marketing and oversees the Peloton brand identity and all marketing communications. The Senior Director Marketing Creative leads the marketing creative team in executing a high standard of design across all marketing channels, creating marketing assets, and works collaboratively with other creative leads, stakeholders, and agencies to ensure that design decisions are consciously on-brand and maintain a consistent visual language. A successful Senior Director of Marketing Creative will have strong management experience, ideally managing an in-house agency, an exceptional portfolio of past work, and a hands-on approach towards day-to-day execution.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Lead a team of in-house and freelance designers, photographers, and copywriters, effectively as an in-house agency, to meet and exceed the creative needs of our marketing team in our rapidly growing company. This includes (but not limited to) email marketing creative, all photography, integrated seasonal campaigns, copywriting, retail marketing collateral, etc.
- Continue to grow and develop the visual brand identity of the company
- Help set the creative tone, process, style, and methodology of the creative team
- Review design, photography, and video work on a regular basis
- Champion design thinking both within the creative team and among the company at large
- Work closely with VP of Brand Marketing & our outside advertising agency as creative partner on large seasonal campaigns
- Attend and help art direct photo shoots
- Ensure that each member of the creative team feels like an integral part of the team and empower them to create their best work
- Maintain an inspired and exciting design culture within the creative team.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Extremely articulate and able to communicate complex ideas clearly
- A collaborative mindset, eager to work alongside other senior management team members as well as all colleagues
- A thoughtful and dedicated approach to leadership
- Proven ability to prioritize, delegate, and adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Comfortable getting hands dirty in all aspects of design—from digital assets to print to video
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Varied educational backgrounds may apply but a BFA is preferred. Minimum 10 years working experience in a client or product company, not exclusively at an agency. Proven management skills a must.
Back to top