Head of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
This role is responsible for building, developing, and sustaining a superior strategic sourcing organization, including development and execution of a long-range strategic roadmap that enables scalability, efficiency, cost effectiveness and improved supplier performance by collaborating with executive leadership internally and across all levels of leadership with our current and prospective suppliers. Developing world class supply lines for Peloton requires focus on technology, quality, and continuity of business, as well as the total cost of ownership. She/he will enable capacity analysis enabling supply flexibility, shorter lead-times, and limiting material exposures through best practices in supply management. She/he will have a track record of building strong partnerships with business leaders and high performance teams committed to delivering consistent results.
- Lead team with strategic ownership for implementing and maintaining key sourcing and procurement market intelligence, tools, processes, policies and programs for assigned commodities/spend categories.
- Lead the development and oversee execution of enterprise-wide procurement and sourcing strategies in order to maximize key supplier relationships and value for the organization, including supplier selection, contract negotiation and pricing, supplier relationships, supplier performance, etc.
- Owns the development and ongoing reporting of meaningful process metrics to measure performance. Establishes relevant goals and thresholds to drive accountability, improve efficiencies, and performance.
- Own senior relationships with Client's primary suppliers.
- Lead key negotiations and supplier performance management.
- 15+ years of progressive Sourcing, Materials Management, other related discipline experience, preferably in a multi-national firm. Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence in creating advanced mechanical and high tech products through cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams
- Thrives in a fast paced and highly competitive global environment leveraging cultural awareness to achieve competitive advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve product manufacturing ramp plans, improving yield, maximizing throughput and cost reduction of goods.
- Created an atmosphere blending drive, energy, creativity, pragmatism, results orientation and fun
- High personal integrity to inspire confidence and trust.
- Worked for companies of different sizes recognizing the pain points and how to manage growth from Millions $ to Billions $.
- Experienced in materials management from planning through purchasing with a successful track record negotiating multi-million dollar procurement agreements.
- Established relationships with mechanical and high tech worldwide component manufacturers, understanding their pricing strategies, factory capabilities and negotiation tactics.
- Deep understanding of MRP/ERP system architecture and operation
- Experience with international operations; familiarity with global communication, planning.
- Strong focus on supplier-facing activities; experience interfacing with suppliers and developing collaborative relationships to improve customer service.
- Ability to work in a demanding and dynamic fast-paced environment with the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong desire to consistently perform at high levels, achieve the best, motivate others and commit to creating a world class Supply Chain function/team.
- Strong results orientation - bias to action.
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high design with modern technology to provide access to live-streaming and on-demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a start of the art studio and the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.
Meet Some of Peloton Cycle's Employees
Director, Business Development
Ryan is responsible for creating the signature style of Peloton's retail locations. He ensures the décor of all stores reflects the luxury brand's high-end aesthetic.
Back to top