Peloton is changing the way people get fit by delivering live-streaming instructional content to the most technologically advanced indoor cycle. A software company at its core, Peloton leverages cloud-based streaming video technology and a unique Android powered, multi-touch console to deliver a first-in-class fitness experience to users anywhere in the world. As Data Engineer, you will contribute to Peloton's backend architecture and help drive the next generation of our products. Working in engineering operations, the data engineer will take ownership of Peloton’s existing data pipelines to improve them, scale them, and build new pipelines.
A typical day might include:
- DBA-related tasks, including transforming data and coding to move data from one place to another.
- Building new data pipelines (writing programs, configuring, setting up tools, layers, and other software)
- Moving third-party event data into our redshift database in real time.
- Ensuring Peloton’s data pipelines are highly available and in good health.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for test-driven development and using it to preserve data pipeline integrity
- Experience in Objected Oriented programming
- Experience in modern programming language (C++, Java, Python, C#. etc)
- High proficiency with SQL and document/NOSQL data stores
- A passion for data, understanding of how to work with large data sets
- Proficiency with ETL development
- Experience accessing data via RESTful APIs
- Experience working with data from SaaS, Web, and/or mobile products
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.
Back to top