Backend Engineer - Entry Level - Spring/Summer 2018
You will be working with a team of backend engineers to develop infrastructure that drives the Peloton platform. We’re looking for someone passionate about data and performance. You’ll be working on a fast moving team that’s rapidly changing the face of the fitness industry across multiple platforms including API, E-Commerce, Infrastructure, Data Engineering and any software that powers our fitness technology.
On a typical day, you will:
- Help lead backend development and cross-team engineering
- Design and implement features from the ground up for our rapidly growing platform
- Improve and contribute to current development and engineering practices
- Work with Product and other Engineering teams to rapidly release new features used by hundreds of thousands of users
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, or other related engineering experience
- Experience in one or several programming languages from either a professional or academic setting
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- Experience with at least one database engine (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
Bonus Points If You
- Have Python experience
- Have worked as an engineer on a large scale internet application, playing an instrumental role in its development and design
- Have worked in an e-commerce environment
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.
Meet Some of Peloton Cycle's Employees
Director, Business Development
Ryan is responsible for creating the signature style of Peloton's retail locations. He ensures the décor of all stores reflects the luxury brand's high-end aesthetic.
Back to top