Staff Engineer: Full-Stack (E-commerce)
- New York, NY
We are looking for a passionate Staff Engineer/Tech Lead to join our rapidly growing Acquisition Software Engineering team. We want someone to provide technical leadership as the team designs, builds and deploys innovative products and services. This position has a lot of autonomy and will be able to influence the direction of new and existing projects. We are looking for hands-on coding, mentoring developers as well as designing system architecture. As part of the team, you will support our retail and e-commerce business, from working with our product team and supporting user-facing features, to ensuring data integrity and flow into our financial systems.
Help Build A Culture Of Quality
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Have a strong technical voice in team discussions and decisions. Focus on the whole team’s productivity and strive to increase the impact of the team’s work product.
- Assume technical responsibility for new services and functionality, lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, and work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Identify and lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust, and performant applications.
- Contribute to the adoption of software architecture and new technologies.
- Lead, coach, pair with, and mentor backend software engineers.
- Mentor software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and industry best practices.
- Engage in code reviews helping maintain our coding standards.
- Be a leader within your team and the organization.
Facilitate The On-time Completion Of Large Projects
- Establish a relationship with business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects into milestones and identifying risks and dependencies.
- Lead architecture meetings and technical discussions with the focus of reaching consensus and best practice solutions.
- Lead the team in defining technical requirements and solutions and drive projects through to completion.
- Break down tasks for other engineers and offer guidance to other engineers on the team when they are blocked.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- Partner with our SRE and infrastructure teams to scale and monitor our services.
- 8+ years of relevant experience including e-commerce, web application development, and/or systems.
- At least two years being a tech lead of a group of three or more software engineers.
- Good active listening skills, the ability to empathize with customers, stakeholders and other engineers.
- Experience working using Agile methodology in a fast-paced environment.
- At least three demonstrable experiences in leading the deployments of systems into production.
- Experience in a high-paced, high-growth environment working with deadlines and milestones.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done.
- Senior-level with at least one modern programming language and can learn anything you don't already know to get the job done.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Have a solid understanding of clean software design principles.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Experience mentoring engineers with the team-focused mentality for success.
- Experience with data modeling.
- Experience with multiple database engines (Postgres, MySql).
- Experience with distributed systems, CI/CD (ex: Jenkins) tools, and containerizing applications (ex: Kubernetes).
- Proven experience in e-commerce development and integration.
- Work with development teams to understand test automation gaps and implement coverage.
- Have experience using monitoring and metrics to support KPIs and performance of APIs
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities.
- Experience with or knowledge of DDD, CQRS. and Event Sourcing.
- Experience with XP practices such as pair programming and Test Driven Development.
- Diverse knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks.
- JVM, microservice, and experience w/ event-driven architecture.
- Experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Experience with internationalization and localization.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Back to top