Software Engineer: Full-Stack (E-commerce - Order Experience)
- New York, NY
We are looking for experienced full-stack engineers who are passionate about building successful products to join our growing team.
As a full-stack software engineer on the e-commerce Logistics and Order Experience team, you will work on multiple platforms responsible for supporting a simple and intuitive interface for Members to manage their own Order Experience. You will also integrate our platforms with different fulfillment providers to provide delivery scheduling capabilities and order status updates to our members.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming, whiteboarding solutions, team discussions to work as a team rather than working in isolation.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, to promote simplicity, and working software.
- Promote constant refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible.
- Promote iterative development, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring to ensure confidence in our release process
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our product managers and stakeholders.
- Partner with our SRE and infrastructure teams to scale and monitor our services.
- You have four or five years of software development experience.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- A love for clean, elegant code.
- Strong understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Strong understanding of testing and CI/CD.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Familiar with at least one backend framework like Django, Rails, Spring, or similar.
- Familiar with observability.
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, and can adapt to change.
- Expert understanding of industry best practices and standards.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have tried Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with or knowledge of DDD, CQRS, and Event Sourcing.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business stakeholders to understand the problem space better.
- You worked on a system that had to deal with internationalization and localization.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Back to top