Senior Staff Controls Engineer
- Perris, CA
Senior Staff Controls Engineer
Location: Los Angeles Distribution Center
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
The Senior Staff Controls Engineer works in a cross-functional environment (engineering, manufacturing, quality, and OEM’s) with the responsibility of leading controls architecture development, and implementation activities of Peloton’s world class products. The Senior Staff Controls Engineer will be an innovative leader defining Peloton controls system strategy and road mapping. This job is based in southern California (Perris, CA area). However, candidate must be willing to support OEM collaboration and SAT/FAT across various sites as needed.
- Provide hands-on controls engineering leadership in building/supporting a scalable and repeatable automation platform
- Provide technical expertise in PLC, HMI, networking, fluid power, motor control, and mechanical systems
- Hands-on, programming and troubleshooting of PLC/HMI’s, industrial networks, Ethernet I/O, motions control systems, Servo drives, RFID, vision, and robotic systems, conveyors/AGV’s, etc.
- Lead on-site and remote support of control systems for assembly equipment, material handling equipment, providing troubleshooting, design/implementation/document control solutions, act as a liaison for internal and external resources
- Lead development of Peloton global controls architecture strategy, define approved component list, Identifying key vendors and building those relationships
- Provide proper training, administration, oversight, and support to team members on system issue troubleshooting/resolution and preventive maintenance task
- Coordinate Automation and Controls vendors on a variety of issues and manage/coordinate vendor activities for equipment upgrades and optimization projects upgrades/hotfixes/controls programming issue resolutions
- Develop maintenance SOPs, including Lockout/Tagout, MSDS, and PPE strategy
- Develop and maintain controls and maintenance documentation (e.g. Programs, Software, Specifications, Drawings, Schematics, PFMEA, PM task, Lockout/Tagout, etc.)
- Utilize AutoCAD Electrical (or equivalent) for review, modifications, and design changes to controls systems
- Develop and Drive Controls System KPI’s
- Monitor ANDON occurrences. Develop Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Preventive Maintenance (PM) on all equipment per the manufacturer's specifications; Minimize MTTR, Increase MTBF
- Support FPY/FTQ, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and expense targets
- Ability to work OT, and any shift, as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Support adherence to detailed assembly instructions, processes, policies, and procedures
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Peloton Manufacturing & Quality Management System and Peloton Employee Handbook
- Wear required safety equipment and use protective guards and equipment
- Ensure compliance to all local and national occupational safety standards while performing task
- Prepare, present program status and updates to Peloton leadership
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- AA/BA Degree (EE, ME) or equivalent experience (10+ years), Master’s degree preferred
- Consumer hardware assembly system experience (preferred)
- Working experience in PLC based controls design, development, implementation, and support
- Subject matter expert in automation, AGV’s, robotics, PLC’s (AB/Siemens), HMI’s, networking, IT, Mechatronics, etc.
- Experience with 3-phase electrical systems, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Lubrication, Water
- Expertise with HMI systems, Industrial Networks, VFD’s, Servo Controllers, etc.
- Expertise with Industrial control systems, both hardware and software
- Expertise with manufacturing and enterprise systems: MES/QMS, ERP, SCADA, etc.
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and modify program HMI components
- Expertise with component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings
- Knowledge of IoT, predictive maintenance, etc.
- RIA, AIA, GCCS, etc. certified preferred
- Experience with machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of MSDS, OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Project, Smartsheet, JIRA, Confluence, NetSuite, SAP, Oracle, etc.
- This position requires travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 25% or more as needed
Back to top