Senior Software Engineer (iOS)
- New York, NY
The Digital team at Peloton builds products and features for our growing base of mobile-only subscribers and supports Bike and Tread owners when they’re not on our hardware. The application lets members plan workouts, keep track of their progress, and take classes for additional modalities like yoga, meditation, and outdoor running.
In this role, you will work with the team that builds features for the Peloton iOS and watchOS applications. You will also work with our product, design, and backend teams to identify and inform the platform elements required to support client-side features.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Ability to write code that is readable, maintainable, documented, and thoroughly tested.
- Familiarity with UIKit (SwiftUI and Combine are a plus) and Auto Layout.
- Understanding of the concurrency APIs available on Apple’s platforms.
- Significant experience developing integrations with RESTful APIs.
- Experience writing appropriate test coverage with XCTest and XCUITest.
- Understanding of modern architecture patterns like Model-View-View Model (MVVM).
- Experience with Git.
- Experience shipping iOS applications to larger user bases.
- Interest in mentoring junior (and onboarding new) teammates.
- Ability to evaluate and communicate engineering solutions and trade-offs to teammates and other, potentially non-technical teams.
- Knowledgeable around performance tuning, memory optimization, monitoring, and crash analysis.
- Familiarity with analytics and experimentation platforms.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience with reactive programming (Combine, Rx, ReactiveSwift, or the like).
- Have experience with continuous build systems.
WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- Work with frameworks like SwiftUI, Combine, CoreBluetooth, HealthKit, watchOS, and CoreLocation, CoreMotion, AVFoundation, and more.
- An incredibly supportive team that values feedback, both positive and for career growth.
- Ownership—be part of a small team that ships an application to a large user base.
- Continuous learning. We strive to make a year of learning on Peloton’s team worth multiple at other companies. We encourage this through a generous education budget, conference reimbursement, mentoring, team lunches over recorded talks, open architecture discussions, and thoughtful code review passes.
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Back to top