Senior Software Engineer: Frontend UI/UX (E-commerce)
- New York, NY
You will be a senior engineer on the team that creates and expands Peloton’s e-commerce presence on the web. You and your team will be working to implement rich user experiences performantly and at scale, for our web users.
Our team is looking for senior engineers who are excited about developing elegant, interactive websites using the latest frontend web technologies.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work with tools like Typescript, React, Redux, and styled-components
- Work closely with our design team to deliver composable and scalable React components
- Work within an agile development environment with peer engineers on a daily basis to scope, develop and deliver a software experience that realizes the product strategy
- Be a part of a positive and inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on cultivating engineer growth and learning
- Be a part of the team working to bring scalability and reusability to the design and component creation
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience in mentoring team members and leading small teams
- A passion for building consumer-facing websites
- An expert understanding of industry best practices and web standards.
- 6+ years of web development experience
- A strong motivation to keep up to date with the latest front end packages and frameworks
- A passion for building composable and portable React components
- An expert level of knowledge with CSS and CSS in JS
- Strong appreciation for Smart UI’s and design
- Experience building component based UIs
- An agile mindset that embraces iterative design.
- Experience configuring Webpack, Storybook, unit testing frameworks, and other build tools for your teams.
- Experience delivering products collaborating with Design, UX, Project Management, and Product Management.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have helped contribute to or have worked in a design system or UI kit
- Have public Github Project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in full stack frameworks like Next.js
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Back to top