Senior Software Engineer - Database Engineering
- New York, NY
Peloton is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help build and improve the reliability of our end-to-end database infrastructure.
As a member of the Database Reliability Engineering team, you will work on scaling our database systems, building automation, and helping grow our platform to power a world class fitness experience. You will have the unique role of sitting at the crossroads of every request that comes through our system and work across multiple teams on problems related to datastore and application performance challenges.
What You’ll Do:
- Own database reliability, automation and performance as we grow our platform.
- Provide architectural and hands on assistance with scaling and improving our Database Engines.
- Write and review Infrastructure as a code, create and maintain database documentation.
- Provide insight and analysis into the behavior of databases and caching infrastructure.
- Manage and evolve observability tools and documentation used by engineers.
- Use your expertise to assist other engineering groups with queries, schema design, application architecture, and traffic pattern planning.
- Build and contribute to tooling where the developer experience touches databases.
- Triage problems across the stack to help address production issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, and act as an escalation point for engineers when production issues related to datastores occur.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience running relational databases in large production environments (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Strong design skills in database schema and systems architecture.
- Experience with any object oriented programming language like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Strong understanding of SQL in the context of application performance and how to guide engineers to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Linux/Unix shell experience especially with troubleshooting production systems.
- Experience in a config management systems like chef, puppet, ansible, or terraform.
- Experience managing and scaling caching layers such as Memcached/Elasticache
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top