Senior Power & Motor Drive Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
You will specify and test motor drive architectures for Peloton products including Induction and DC motors and DC-DC converters. This role collaborates closely with our Software and Electrical Engineering team to concept, design, and manufacture the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has grounded experience in product development and working with contract manufacturers.
- Define, Specify motor drive bridges and DC-DC converters. Evaluate and communicate the highest performance for the Application including cost and efficiency.
- Develop a test and evaluation lab to benchmark performance
- Benchmark products to track industry trends and set future performance targets
- Develop a drive and converter technology roadmap
- Create, review and comment on product specifications with the Electrical Engineering Lead Engineer and work closely with the Firmware/Software development team for motor driving
- Work closely with a global network of suppliers throughout development phases to ensure quality and performance
- Write and execute test plans at the design and production phases
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, and operations
- 8+ years in motor drive and/or Power Electronics engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience doing development and production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Expertise with test and measurement tools
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including interacting with executive management
- Spoken and written English
- Ability to multitask and good time management skills
- Positive attitude and high energy!
- Experience in motor drivers and some knowledge of SW for drivers a plus
- Process engineering experience
- Proven project or program management experience
- Management experience of junior and staff team members
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
Some travel to both HQ in NYC and to ODM and CM manufacturers will be required.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
Back to top