Senior iOS engineer
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
You will be working on a small iOS team that is responsible for bringing the entire Peloton Experience to every iOS platform. Our team recently built and deployed an iPhone and iPad application to bring live-streaming and on-demand classes to anyone with an apple device. The app brings the experience of the studio fitness classes to the palm of your hand. To get a better understanding of our product, download the app for free here. Our Engineers are passionate about UI/UX interaction and performance who thrives working on a fast-moving team that's rapidly changing the face of the fitness industry, and you should be too. Currently the team is working on bringing deeper social features to help our users engage and motivate each other off of the bike, as well as social notifications to our iOS applications. In addition, you will:
- Gain experience working with Open Source tools like AFNetworking, Pincache, Promisekit
- Work within an agile development environment with peer engineers on a daily basis to scope, develop and deliver a software experience that realizes the product strategy
- Collaborate with Product Managers and UX/UI Designers to ensure we are delivering the best in-class experience
- Make unique software with a great team dedicated to disrupting the growing fitness tech sector.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A track record of shipping scalable, well-designed iOS applications to the app store
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience leading technical decisions that involve multiple stakeholders, both inside and outside Engineering
- Experience with multithreaded programming in the context of Foundation/Cocoa.
- A good understanding of the HTTP protocol and interacting with Restful APIs.
- A basic understanding of security "best practices".
- A great sense for UX and design.
- Self motivated with strong time management skills
- A good understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have an BS in Computer science or Engineering
- Have previous experience leading or managing a team of mobile developers
- Have OSS Project(s) or contribute to OSS communities
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment before
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile environment
- Have experience building component based UI’s
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.
Meet Some of Peloton's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Emma is responsible for providing an incredible experience for Peloton’s employees. Her ultimate goal is to support team members in all departments and make Peloton a great place to work.
Back to top