Senior Industrial Designer (Contract)
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is an opportunity to lead the industrial design on sub systems and entire products within our family of fitness products. You will lead cross-functional design of the hardware and user experience aspects of product development. You will work closely with our talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and key business stakeholders to develop innovative features for our bike and related products. You're highly motivated, super organized, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- End-to-end product development from research and early concept exploration, to product execution and launch. Active participant and driving force in complete product development cycle.
- Independently leading complete design projects of high complexity.
- Contributes to defining and advancing Peloton’s product design language and visual brand identity
- Capable of creating production-ready 3D CAD databases for hand off to engineering and model makers
- Actively demonstrate design & innovation thought leadership to adjacent teams.
- Work with outside suppliers to enable design success and address technical issues in the development process.
- Leads brainstorming sessions with other senior technical staff, product management, design, and marketing team members.
- Inspires peers with creative approach to thinking and problem solving
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
- 6+ years experience in a design role
- Must posses a deep of understanding in areas of materials & manufacturing processes. Demonstrates a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and adjacent technical domains such as EE, SW, etc.
- Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Personnel management experience
- Bike or indoor fitness industry experience
- Proficient in Solidworks surface modeling and master model technique
- You have the ability to produce amazing sketches and renderings at a lightning pace and then translate those designs to class A surfaces!
- Your work is the envy of your peers!
Please provide a portfolio or your we will not be able to review you as a candidate!
** This is a contract opportunity offering ~30 hours per week for approximately 1-month with possible extension.
Back to top