Our e-commerce engineers build software to support our partners throughout the business, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio.
We are looking for experienced senior full-stack engineers who are passionate about building successful products to join our growing team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Cultivate a deep understanding of day-to-day e-commerce domain expertise while working on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers, focusing on delivering value to our members, while building out our in-house e-commerce platform.
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Mentor and coach junior software engineers.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming and leading white boarding solutions, team discussions, and task breakdown.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, promoting simplicity and working software.
- Promote constant refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible.
- Promote iterative development, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our product managers and stakeholders.
- Partner with our SRE and infrastructure teams to scale and monitor our services.
- ~8 or more years of software development experience in development.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- A love for clean, elegant code.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Expert understanding of industry best practices and standards.
- Strong understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Strong understanding of testing and CI/CD.
- Deep understanding of at least one backend or frontend framework like Django, Rails, Spring, React, or similar.
- Experience with scaling services, performance
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a strong sense of ownership.
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, and can adapt to change.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to empathize with customers, stakeholders, and other engineers.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have tried Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with or knowledge of DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business stakeholders to better understand the problem space.
- Worked on a system that had to deal with internationalization and localization.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.