Senior Firmware Engineer
- Taipei, Taiwan
In this role, you will:
Peloton Systems Engineering is hiring creative software engineers who have a passion for great products and technology, and want to use that passion to develop innovative, industry leading fitness products in an incredibly fun, fast-paced, and highly collaborative team environment. You will be an active part of a multidisciplinary team and will design and develop firmware for custom, leading-edge hardware products. Working with electrical and mechanical engineers, project managers, and client teams, you will have an identifiable impact on the success of projects and end products.
The ideal candidate will have:
A passion for quality code and experience with writing software from high-level embedded applications down to register-level device drivers are essential; good client interaction skills, leadership ability, and an egoless approach to teamwork are highly valued.
The successful candidate has a strong electronics design and development background who will provide technical leadership as well as individual technical contribution as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, embedded
hardware/software systems. The candidate should be passionate about technology and always have the customer’s best interest in mind.
Necessary Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Work with a small, multi-disciplinary development team to create and design software for execution on bare metal or embedded operating systems.
- Work independently on project tasks as well as work as a team member of a larger project team.
- Work with project managers in Agile/Scrum settings
- Be a creative element that delivers innovative solutions from concept to production.
- Conduct/participate in product design reviews to provide technical input on product designs and quality.
- Conduct software unit tests to exercise your implemented functionality.
- Document your software designs.
- Lead and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Troubleshooting and fix production firmware.
- Interact with team and clients to clearly communicate work progress and design details
- Work with clients to define requirements, develop software architecture, provide status updates, and plan sprints
- Work independently on small projects or in larger project teams
- Participate in brainstorms outside your area of expertise
- Contribute expertise to and learn from the larger software group
- 7+ years of software development
- Strong C programming skills
- Demonstrated curiosity in engineering and the ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to project needs
- Strong interest in embedded systems and software with preference given to those with current experience
- 4 year degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Creative, proactive, and detail-oriented individual with excellent written and spoken communication skills
- An understanding in software engineering best practices
Bonus points if you:
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Experience with development on small, low-power embedded platforms (e.g. ARM Cortex-M, MSP430)
- Familiarity with wireless technologies (e.g BLE, ZigBee, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.)
- Familiarity with common communications protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, USB)
- Proficiency with common embedded toolchains (e.g. GCC, Keil, IAR, CCS) and version control systems (e.g. git)
- Experience with one or more RTOSs (e.g. FreeRTOS, uC/OS) and multithreaded programming
- Experience with embedded Linux, Android, and software architecture for applications-class processor systems (e.g. Qualcomm Snapdragon, Mediatek, etc.)
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Back to top