Senior Database Reliability Engineer
- New York, NY
Peloton is seeking a Senior Database Reliability Engineer to help build and improve the reliability of our end-to-end database infrastructure.
As a member of the Database Reliability Engineering team, you will work on scaling our systems, building automation, and helping grow our platform to power a world class fitness experience. You will have the unique role of sitting at the crossroads of every request that comes through our system and work across multiple teams on problems related to datastore and application performance challenges.
- Own database reliability, automation and performance as we grow our platform.
- Provide architectural and hands on assistance with scaling and improving our ORM.
- Write and review code, create and maintain documentation
- Provide insight and analysis into the behavior of databases and caching infrastructure.
- Manage and evolve observability tools and documentation used by engineers.
- Use your expertise to assist other engineering groups with queries, schema design, application architecture, and traffic pattern planning.
- Build and contribute to tooling where the developer experience touches databases.
- Triage problems across the stack to help address production issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, and act as an escalation point for engineers when production issues related to datastores occur.
- Experience running relational databases in large production environments (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Strong design skills in database schema and systems architecture.
- Experience with any object oriented programming language like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Strong understanding of SQL in the context of application performance and how to guide engineers to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Linux/Unix shell experience especially with troubleshooting production systems.
- Experience in a config management systems like chef, puppet, Ansible, or terraform.
- Experience managing and scaling caching layers such as Memcached.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
Back to top