Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly)
The Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly) will be responsible for the development of future Peloton product assembly systems, from concept design through launch. This candidate will research, develop, benchmark and recommend state-of-the-art assembly processes, internally and in conjunction with OEMs (original equipment manufacturers). The Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer will serve as the assembly system engineering leader of Peloton's cross-functional launch team.
- Perform experimental assembly to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials
- Lead process and project status reviews
- Assist with writing equipment specifications for new or modified equipment and/or obtaining agreement on specifications of equipment
- Manage large manufacturing capital projects ($5M+)
- Drive CapEx development and proposal
- Provide technical assembly support, generate cost reduction and continuously implement improvements
- Gathe5 technical requirements
- Participate in design for assembly efforts
- Perform detailed cost calculations
- Create/manage project timelines
- Oversee new product introductions.
- BS in Engineering; Advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of assembly systems experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment (NPI to high volume MFG); recognized Assembly System SME
- 2+ years of consumer hardware product assembly experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of controls systems (PLC, HMI, robotics, networking, RFID, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand component, assembly, equipment drawings, including GD&T
- Experience with work/maintenance Instructions, value-stream Mapping, process mapping, Lean, SPC, and PFMEA development
- Strong command of OSHA, IEC-60204, NFPA-79, Ergonomics, ANSI, ISO, etc.
- Experience in supplier selection/qualification, RFI, RFP, RFQ, and PO processes
- Experience managing original equipment manufacturers through the equipment procurement process
- Previous experience installing, starting up, and debugging Greenfield/Brownfield plant layout
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and CAD/CAM (SolidWorks, AutoCAD)
This position requires domestic & international travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 25% or more as needed.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
Back to top