- Rosemont, IL
Safety Specialist, Field Operations
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Provide expertise in areas of environmental, occupational health and safety (EHS) and risk management at a warehouse. Assist the operations to maintain compliance with all applicable EHS requirements. Aid site in actions to eliminate worker injuries and associated costs. Work closely with the Safety Manager on all safety related topics.
- Implement Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives in assigned warehouse
- Act as the facility champion for Zero Incidents initiatives
- Conduct COVID-19 related audits and ensure site is complying with policies
- Conduct audits to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results and compliance are followed to enable operational excellence. Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Perform specific safety training as required by the Safety Manager
- Observe workers and/or review surveillance footage to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment and procedures. Train and demonstrate proper use of safety equipment
- Facilitate incident investigation process including determining root cause, preparing corrective action plans and entering them into an internal database in a timely manner
- Acts as site champion for implementation of risk reduction controls
- Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
- Translate data into actionable site-specific goals
- May have additional responsibility for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, or other safety related activities depending on the business unit and location
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and procedures
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an EHS related field or in a warehouse environment
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
- Highly organized with a relentless attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills, and the ability to troubleshoot problems and think on your feet
- Demonstrated understanding of OSHA and local regulations
- Proven knowledge of safety regulations and industry standards
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization
- Passion for safety
- Calm demeanor in emergency situations
Back to top