The Quality NPI Engineer is the product quality representative working with the Design, Manufacturing, and Supplier teams on new products. This role is focused on ensuring the best product is produced to meet capacity, reliability, and design intents. This individual must have strong technical ability, problem solving skills, and communication skills to help troubleshoot, diagnosis, and solve issues during the development phases and through the start of production. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to achieve world-class product quality.
This job is based in the US and requires up to 25% domestic and international travel. It requires frequent communications with Asia (early and late conference calls).
- Champion APQP principles and works to create methods and systems to improve risk mitigation strategies and product quality for Peloton NPDP.
- Champion and participate in the running and creation of DFMEA and PFMEA activities to eliminate or reduce product risk
- Consult with development teams on design, manufacturing to ensure clear design intent and measurability
- Help to develop PPAP workflow, communication, and documentation with Sourcing, Manufacturing, and other quality functions
- Review and sign-off on PPAP submissions from suppliers
- Lead 8D process for attacking and resolving critical and blocking issues facing programs
- Coordinate with other quality functions and reports out product risk during phase gates
- Lead the effective deployment of Quality Engineering tools for the effective and efficient development, transfer, and maintenance of products/processes throughout the product life cycle
- Develop, improve, document, and assists in deployment of quality system within the Peloton organization
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering, quality engineering, manufacturing engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 6 or more years experience, or an equivalent combination of work and educational experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with ability to create articulate presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and mastery of 8D
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Six Sigma tools (FMEAs, Gauge R&R, Capability Analysis, Statistical Process Control) and statistical tools (Minitab, JPM, etc)
- Skilled at reading 2D part drawings and understanding GD&T
- Familiar with Solidworks or similar CAD software
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Certified CQE a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.