Product Manufacturing Engineer
- Taichung, Taiwan
The Product Manufacturing Engineer will research, develop and recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs, & internally. The Product Manufacturing Engineer will gather manufacturing requirements, lead DFM/DFA activities, perform detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower), create/manage project timelines, lead product manufacturing and sustaining activities. They will also generate continuous improvement ideas (cost, quality, delivery) and lead implementation of those ideas on the factory floor.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the stage gate process (Concept-MP), to ensure robust DFM/DFA, and manufacturing process development, ensuring scalability, providing leadership and expertise in product manufacturability
- Collaborate with Peloton partners and teams to communicate, define manufacturing and assembly requirements
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand and perform tolerance, GD&T, process analysis; Identify and communicate manufacturability and assembly concerns, risk as needed. Provide clear DFM/DFA design and process change recommendations
- Ensure product manufacturing and assembly requirements are clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, ODM selection & qualification & collaborate in DFM/A activities
- Lead suppliers to establish world-class manufacturing and assembly process
- Develop process and equipment specifications as needed
- Execute process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, SPk), DOE’s and PFMEA’s
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities and process validation builds to ensure flawless launch and mass production; and solve problems efficiently to maintain project timing
- Support product sustainment and improvement activities
- Domestic and International travel requirement: at least 25% or more, as needed by the business
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Industrial); MS a plus
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- DFM/DFA, manufacturing process development, subject matter expert
- Solid experience in precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, hydro-forming, welding, stamping, casting, plastic injection molding and various finishing techniques
- Experience in developing SOP’s, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Experience in high-volume electro-mechanical manufacturing a plus
- Expert-level CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DAMIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge and application of global standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Managing large manufacturing capital projects ($5M+)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top