Product Manufacturing Engineer
- Perris, CA
The Product Manufacturing Engineer will research, design, develop, and recommend manufacturing processes internally and in collaboration with CMs, JDMs, & ODMs. Manufacturing Processes will include, but are not limited to assembly, CNC machining, testing, heat treating, welding, stamping, pressing, bending, plastic injection molding and finishing. The Product Manufacturing Engineer will gather technical requirements, support DFM/A efforts, perform detailed material cost calculations, create/manage project timelines, and oversee production launches, sustaining activities, and running product changes. They will also provide day-to-day, hands-on manufacturing technical support for internal and external manufacturing activities.
• Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and factory teams to ensure robust manufacturing processes are established
• Communicate with ODMs, CMs, and vendors to prioritize and solve problems, and understand/refine technical requirements for component manufacturing and processes
• Act as the primary point of contact for manufacturing support at multiple Peloton NA manufacturing sites, collaborating with Peloton site management to provide leadership in manufacturing activities
• Create, maintain, and ensure consistent manufacturing SOP’s, Control plans, PFMEA’s, etc. across Peloton and partnering manufacturing sites
• Design and recommend machining and assembly, tooling, jigs, and fixtures
• Support the manufacturing change order process (ECR/MCR/ECO/MCO)
• Analyze factory capacity and capability, recommend equipment and continuous process improvements
• Create project plans and timelines to manage new and existing manufacturing projects
• Develop process and equipment specifications as needed
• Execute process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, CPk), DOE’s and PFMEA’s
• Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency
• Participate in supplier sourcing, down-selection, qualification, and integration of components and vendors used in Peloton’s products; collaborate with Quality team to define requirements for shipment
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); MS a plus
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & high-volume manufacturing environment, or a combination of work and educational experience
- Experience working with North American and Asian vendors, CMs/ODMs industry is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM (e.g. SolidWorks, AutoCAD)
- Experience in assembly, CNC machining, testing, heat treating, welding, stamping, pressing, bending, plastic injection molding and finishing
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge and application of Global/International standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Value-Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, Kaizen, Lean, 5S, Statistical Process Control
- Experience with MES/QMS/PLM, JIRA, Confluence, & Microsoft Office applications
- Experience managing large manufacturing capital projects ($2M+)
- Candidate must be willing to travel at least 30% or more as needed by the business.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Back to top