Product Manager, Hardware Integrations
Peloton is seeking a Product Manager to drive lifecycle management of our fitness hardware and software products, including the introduction of new integrated hardware-software experiences, their ongoing improvement and maintenance, and their eventual phase out. These products include Peloton’s device sensors, device control boards, peripherals, tablet hardware upgrades, tablet OS upgrades, and embedded system apps.
The Hardware Integrations Product Manager will work directly with other software Product Managers focused on user-facing features for our Bike and Tread to develop new hardware-integrated features. This Product Manager will also work with Peloton’s hardware team, including Electrical Engineers, Engineering Project Managers, and Hardware Product Managers, to understand hardware upgrades and develop requirements for how they will interface with Peloton’s software.
The Hardware Integrations Product Manager will also work with stakeholders in Logistics, Operations, and other areas of the company to design usable and efficient installation, diagnostic and maintenance experiences covered by our embedded systems apps. Finally, this Product Manager will work closely with Software Developers and Project Managers to execute and launch new software.
The Hardware Integrations Product Manager will report to a Senior member of the software Product Management team.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with software Product Managers on the Bike & Tread teams to develop new hardware-related features, integrations for new hardware products, and improvements that ensure world-class quality and responsiveness.
- Collaborate with hardware team members including Product Managers, Electrical Engineers, and Engineering Project Managers to understand hardware changes including sensor changes and tablet upgrades that affect our OS and app software, then design solutions for the best user experience.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders on the Logistics and Operations teams and design and prioritize modifications to our custom Android OS and embedded apps in order to smoothly support pre-delivery testing, installation, and maintenance for the Bike and Tread.
- Generate detailed requirements documentation, communicate them to the appropriate teams, and ensure timely cross-functional execution.
- Own the product roadmap for hardware/software integration, platform OS, and embedded apps by gathering requirements and timelines from other teams, generating more feature ideas and improvements, and combining them into a strategic and well-communicated roadmap.
- Work with a dedicated team of software engineers and electrical engineers to scope, plan, and execute the short-term development queue.
- Participate in agile scrum rituals including sprint planning and daily standups.
- 3+ years of Product Management Experience.
- Technical experience with Android apps, Android OS, and/or electrical engineering.
- Exceptional communication skills, especially the ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders clearly and vice versa.
- Experience working in an agile scrum team.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Self Starter; ability to act autonomously.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Constant attention to detail.
As a Bonus:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field including Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar.
- Experience working on an integrated hardware-software product as a Product Manager.
- Experience in health and fitness, gaming, or other related fields.
About the Product and UX Team at Peloton:
The Product Management and UX team at Peloton is responsible for (1) intaking, defining, and overseeing the design and execution of user-facing features, improvements, and experiences on, and (2) for roadmapping and prioritizing the long-term roadmap of software products.
In this way, Product and UX team members are product owners: controlling the lifecycle, development, and user experience of each software vertical.The Product and UX team works closely with stakeholders to better understand issues and business goals, and to understand the relative impact of each project. The Product and UX team also works closely with the design and engineering teams to execute the defined vision of each feature. Finally, the team has a close relationship with the end-users and works continually to better understand their needs and desires.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
Back to top