*Contract Duration: 6 months*
Peloton is seeking a freelance Product Designer, UI to create simple, elegant, and intuitive interactive interfaces for our core engagement products : large-scale, complex, and function-heavy product systems such as the Peloton web and mobile apps, the Peloton Bike, and the Peloton Tread.
This role is focused on visual interactive interface design: how users interact with devices, how users process information, and ultimately how Peloton’s engagement products “look” and “feel”. Core to this role is the creation of the final “pixel-perfect” UI that Peloton Members experience, and in creating UI in a visually systematic way that ensures a holistic, consistent experience across our products.
Outside exceptional UI and interaction design talent, success in this role is dependent on being highly self-motivated and managed, super organized, always open to feedback and critique, and extremely collaborative.
The Product Designer, UI works directly with the Product Manager, UX Designer, engineers, and project manager on one of several Peloton Engagement teams and collaborates with the broader Product, UX, and Design team to deliver the Peloton experience.
Note: Along with your Resume a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Peloton’s Product UI styles, patterns, and standardized elements and interactions.
- Manage your bandwidth and project pipeline to execute UI design in time with your team’s software roadmap.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the UX designer and Product Manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing.
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion to enhance UI.
- Execute final, “pixel perfect” UI designs and package, spec, and prep for engineering.
- Obsessively QA developed software for visual perfection, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions.
- Maintain design systems and libraries in conjunction with the wider Product UI Design team to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- Prior Software UI/interaction design experiences at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
- Top tier user interface and interaction design skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Focused and dedicated to how products “look” and “feel”.
- Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Deeply collaborative and iterative approach to product design, focused on ensuring a unified experience across the board.
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop and iterate on interactive software experiences.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity and in incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- A strong understanding of the tools and technologies involved in designing and building interactive software experiences.
- A keen knowledge of what is possible in modern Android, iOS, and web development and of design and interaction patterns and trends within each.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design and prototyping tools.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- Designing for: native consumer-facing apps; interactive game or content experiences; experiences arger touch screens and/or TV interfaces.
- Working in an Agile Scrum Team structure.
- Building element-based UI design library and style guide.
- Creating iconography systems.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.