Manufacturing Shop Technician
- Lakewood, NJ
The Peloton Machine Shop is where the future versions of our fitness products are created and tested. The Manufacturing Shop Technician is responsible for assisting the Shop Machinist with building prototypes for our product design, manufacturing, and quality teams. Our shop contains a range of machining and forming equipment in order to produce highly precise and functional “proof-of-concept” models. In this role, you will be supporting the set up and operation of these machines, in addition to maintaining the shop space including ordering consumables, performing machine maintenance and organizing the space. This role collaborates closely with our Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering teams to develop custom fixtures and parts that will be used for process improvement initiatives and future product development. This job is based in Secaucus, NJ.
- Work closely with the Shop Machinist to properly setup the equipment for fabrication
- Work closely with the Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering teams to assemble and evaluate functional prototypes of fixtures and parts
- Perform some fabrication and finishing processes (welding, grinding, polishing, etc)
- Assist with preventive equipment maintenance and calibration, in addition to general upkeep on our equipment
- Arrange for delivery and shipment of prototype units
- Track and purchase stock for materials and consumables used in the shop space
- Keep all tools, machinery, tooling, and accessories clean, orderly, and safe
- Ensure adherence to machine shop best safety practices
- 3+ years experience working in a lab, prototyping, or machine shop space
- Professional Welding Certification from an accredited program is a plus
- Experience with general shop tools, drill press, band saw, grinders, hand tools
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems
- Understanding of blueprint readings, tolerancing, assembly drawings, and all associated measurement equipment
- Great organizational skills
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, PPE, Lockout/Tagout
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Must have basic computer proficiency using Microsoft Office or similar products (Google Docs)
- Ability to be self-motivated and independent
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.
Back to top