Manufacturing Quality Engineer
- Taichung, Taiwan
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer will be working with the Peloton Quality and broader Operations teams to drive improvements and support in the management of quality processes and quality management systems at our manufacturing partners’ facilities. You will work with our partners to drive process control improvements ensuring that only qualified parts and processes are used to build our products. This will be done by evaluating that they are following best practices for inspection, providing root cause and corrective action guidance and by integrating with their teams to help identify and execute data driven process enhancements and improvements. You have the technical ability, problem solving skills, and communication skills to solve issues on the factory floor and with the Peloton technical team. You’ll act as the first line of defense to improve our product and processes. You are an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve total product quality.
This role will be based in Taichung, Taiwan, and will require frequent domestic travel.
- Perform regular process and product audits at the suppliers to ensure product quality and SOP conformance, identify areas of improvement and drive them to completion to ensure that consistent high-quality product is delivered.
- Work closely with the US team and Supplier to drive root cause identification activities to improve product quality through data analysis, corrective action, and preventive measures.
- Monitor supplier production and evaluate metrics such as incoming quality data and assembly line first pass yield data to identify improvement opportunities and drive them to completion.
- Support the activities associated with assembly line changes and qualifications.
- Support the activities associated with new or changed part qualifications and the associated updating of the quality control requirements.
- Interface with suppliers to resolve manufacturing, quality and reliability issues utilizing DOE and statistical approaches driving a “Zero defect” mentality.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 4+ years of experience in mechanical assembly industries
- Experience in metrology and part inspection, ability to ensure that parts are being inspected following best practices.
- Experience in assembly process auditing, ability to ensure that products are being assembled following the defined processes.
- Strong communications skills in Mandarin and English
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- CQE certificate a plus
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Back to top