Lead UX Researcher
- New York, NY
Peloton is seeking a Lead UX Researcher to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our digital presence and ecommerce store. This UX Researcher will work directly with the acquisition Product Managers, Product Designer and Developers to influence and impact roadmap and solutions through qualitative and quantitative research. This role sits on the Web Acquisition and Member Experience team and reports directly to Product Design Director.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Evolve Peloton’s existing user-experience research infrastructure to ensure conducting virtual, field, and in-office user testing is seamless, efficient, and easy to analyze and report on.
- Proactively collaborate with stakeholders to come up with a research roadmap that will inform projects as well as business opportunities.
- Mentor and support peers or juniors on research practices
- Source participants for user research and testing and handle logistics and schedules around live testing.
- Conduct user testing on flat-designs, prototypes, beta, and finished products and features.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research using a range of tools and approaches (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer Product and UX questions and produce new insights.
- Help to formulate research documentation to better understand Peloton-specific user behavior.
- Implement tools to observe user behavior and interaction remotely.
- Monitor member social and support channels for feedback trends to identify as high impact opportunities for further learning. Consolidate, quantify, and report on the results of any user testing, interviewing, etc. in a concise way to clearly communicate recommendations on product and feature direction.
- During feature definition, work with Product Managers and Product Designer to identify decision points that may benefit from testing, and define timeline, scope, and methodology for potential testing.
- Regularly conduct user research and testing on existing Peloton acquisition products, to identify pain points and ensure that the current experience is constantly improving.
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects.
- 8+ years of UX Research experience (or similar relevant experience)
- Proven leadership experience in advocating User Research across teams
- Ability to mentor other team members on research objectives and tactics
- Can provide work samples focused on UX Research
- Experience writing and conducting user interviews
- Experience designing and conducting user testing of web experiences
- Experience with remote and in-person user testing methodologies
- Experience in reporting on user testing results in a concise and actionable way
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- Self Starter; ability to act autonomously
- Constant attention to detail
- Experience building flat prototype with Invision
- Can distill relevant information from a heap of data around product usage
AS A BONUS:
- Experience analyzing consumer web products
- Experience working in an agile scrum team
- Experience in health and fitness, gaming, or other related fields
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Back to top