Lead Mechanical Engineer
- New York, NY
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Peloton Engineering Lead is a technical leadership role with the responsibility to shape the engineering design of their product line (e.g. bike or treadmill) and provide sound technical direction as things move through product development. This individual will have hands-on experience and oversight of all aspects of hardware development, which includes working collaboratively within a highly technical cross functional team. As the company is highly dynamic with an exciting product roadmap, this individual will play a key role in ensuring overall engineering robustness, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are all met. Additionally, there will be ample opportunity to engage with leadership at all levels of the company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineering teams as they move through development and mass production
- Collaborate with the Product Management team on roadmap definition and future product features
- Work with engineering management to scope out time and resources required to support product development.
- Guide the work of mechanical, electrical and firmware leads ensuring engineering best practices such as design reviews, DFMEA sessions, tooling/prototype readiness reviews, and test planning.
- Ensure clear definition of engineering requirements and corresponding test plans to be created by the engineering team
- Contribute to planning for product updates and improvement based on field failures and customer feedback
- Contribute to planning for next generation products through technology and R&D exploration
- Collaborate with a global network of suppliers throughout development phases to ensure quality and performance
- Collaborate with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, and operations
- Work with drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition and design controls
THESE MAY DESCRIBE YOU:
- 15+ years engineering design experience or experience leading an engineering team
- B.S. in an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading engineering teams through new product development
- Experience doing development and production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting
- Experience with test and measurement tools
- Great attention to engineering detail
- Ability to articulate and defend engineering decisions as well as being able to present to executive level leadership
- High motivation to teach, learn, and contribute to both product and process development
- Spoken and written English
- Ability to multitask and manage your time wisely
- Positive attitude and high energy!
- Experience in quality management and quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- You will report directly to a Director of Engineering
You will work cross functionally with many teams including Program Management, Product Management, Operations, Quality, Electrical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Industrial Design.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Back to top