Industrial Designer 4 - Senior Footwear Designer
- New York, NY
This is an opportunity to join the footwear design team for an industry-leading family of fitness products and accessories. In this role, you will work closely with our talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, outside vendors, and key business stakeholders to develop new footwear and accessories for a variety of fitness disciplines. You will drive the cross-functional development of all footwear and contribute to defining and advancing Peloton’s product design language and visual brand identity.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- End-to-end product development from research and early concept exploration, to product DFM and launch
- Ensure all products meet ergonomic, performance, and comfort requirements
- Create of proof-of-concept prototypes, artwork, and fit samples for testing
- Last development and research studies for improved fit
- Use your understanding of materials and manufacturing processes to troubleshoot technical issues throughout development and maintain design intent
- Interface with SATRA and other testing experts to make best-in-class shoe fit and quality
- Build detailed tech packs with material maps, color CADs, and component specs for hand off to engineering and outside vendors
- Reviewing vendor samples and pre-production parts for mass production approval
- Switching between solo and collaborative working environments to meet scheduled milestones
- Inspire peers and adjacent teams through creative thinking, exploration, and problem solving
- Motivate and guide junior members of the design team throughout the product development cycle
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design or related field
- 8+ years of experience in a footwear design role
- 3+ years of experience in athletic footwear
- Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- Experience collaborating with foreign manufacturing and supply partners to bring products to market
- Management experience
- Fitness apparel experience
- Advanced surfacing with Alias, or Rhino
- Adobe Premiere & Flash
- Personal interests in wellness & fitness
**please provide a link to your portfolio on your resume or we will not be able to review you as a candidate**
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Back to top