Industrial Designer 4 - Senior Consumer Electronics Designer
- New York, NY
This is an opportunity to join the Industrial Design team for an industry-leading family of fitness products and accessories. You will drive the functional, aesthetic, and user experience aspects of our consumer electronics hardware. In this role, you will work closely with our talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, outside vendors, and key business stakeholders to develop new products and features.
Roles and Responsibilities
- End-to-end product development from research and early concept exploration, to product DFM and launch
- Ensure all parts and products meet our quality and brand standards
- Organize and carry out brainstorming sessions with other designers, technical staff, product management, and UI/UX team members
- Explore and validate new ideas through sketching, prototyping, 3D CAD, renderings and storyboards
- Use your understanding of materials and manufacturing processes to troubleshoot technical issues throughout development and maintain design intent - including troubleshooting PCBA configurations in collaboration with EE and ME teams to resolve spatial, thermal, and other technical constraints
- Support the creation and approval of 2D artwork, 3D CAD, and spec documentation for handoff to engineering and outside vendors
- Motivate and guide junior members of the Industrial Design team throughout the product development cycle
- You are hands on, curious, and have a bias towards action
- Inspire peers and adjacent teams through strategic & innovative approaches to exploration and problem solving
- Contribute to defining and advancing Peloton’s product design language and visual brand identity
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
- 8+ years of experience in a design role
- 3+ years of experience in consumer electronics
- Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- Experience collaborating with foreign manufacturing and supply partners to bring products to market
- Management experience
- Fitness industry experience
- Advanced surfacing with Alias, or Rhino
- Adobe Premiere & Flash
- Personal interest in wellness or fitness
**please provide a link to your portfolio on your resume or we will not be able to review you as a candidate**
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Back to top