Industrial Design Manager
- New York, NY
The Industrial Design Manager is responsible for building and supporting a team of talented industrial designers developing the future of fitness at Peloton. They will partner with the Director of ID team to develop studio strategy and develop a team to deliver world-class design from research and strategy through concept, development and execution. This person is accountable for the creative and technical quality of the team's work and is in charge of ensuring that all projects are properly staffed with appropriate design personnel. The ID Manager works closely with the other design teams to create greater alignment and integration throughout the company.
Who We're Looking For
You are an amazing designer with more than ten years experience with a skill set that you want to share. You have the ability to drive collaboration across designers and cross functional groups to push towards project goals and timeline. You have strived for innovation and brand relevance with each project you have taken on in your career. In addition to mentoring and guiding designers, you are responsible for making sure that your team has clarity on scope and direction and the appropriate staff, equipment and facility resources to get the job done. Your creative vision is tempered by the ability to drive design to meet the business goals. If you have outstanding leadership-communication-business-creative talents, deep industrial design experience and a strong results-driven orientation, We would like you to help us grow the best design team in the nation!
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead groups of designers in End-to-end product development from research and early concept exploration, to product execution and launch. Active participant and driving force in complete product development cycle.
- Independently leading complete design projects of high complexity.
- Contributes to defining and advancing Peloton’s product design language and visual brand identity
- Is Capable of creating production-ready 3D CAD and coaching designers to improve their skill set
- Actively demonstrate design & innovation thought leadership to adjacent teams.
- Work with outside suppliers to enable design success and address technical issues in the development process.
- Leads brainstorming sessions with other senior technical staff, product management, design, and marketing team members.
- Inspires peers with creative approach to thinking and problem solving
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
- 10+ years experience in a design role with 3+ years experience managing
- Must have an advanced understanding in areas of materials & manufacturing processes. Demonstrates a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and adjacent technical domains such as EE, SW, etc.
- Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Personnel management experience
- Bike or indoor fitness industry experience
- Advanced surfacing with Alias, Rhino & Solidworks
- Adobe Premiere
*please include a link to your portfolio in your application*
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
Back to top