Director, Engineering Program Management
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a seasoned Program Management lead to manage hardware product development initiatives. This individual will help scale Peloton’s workflow with the tools, processes, and communication standards required to ensure Peloton’s continued, rapid growth and fast-pace of innovation. This person must be deeply familiar with program management of complex, fast-moving, hardware development programs working with joint development partners and internal resources alike.
The ideal candidate would be a natural leader and facilitator with outstanding communication skills, maintain a cool-under-fire approach and meticulous about details. This role directly reports to the COO and Head of Product Development of Peloton and is based in Peloton’s New York City headquarters.
- Drive hardware development initiatives including product lifecycle management, new product introduction, and product scaling initiatives for complex technology programs that require the development, manufacture, and test of mechanical and electrical systems with a system software component.
- Drive and ensure alignment across various fast moving programs and among various functional groups to ensure programs track to timeline, budget, consumer experience requirements, and other Product requirements
- Implement and manage a clear, program charter process and PLM tool/toolset to streamline workflows, enable clear communications, and ensure attention to detail throughout programs
- Actively perform risk management assessments, and pursue risk reduction paths with sufficient lead for timely resolution
- Mentors program managers in successful execution of programs.
- 10+ years experience as a Program Manager leading complex technology programs that combine mechanical and electrical systems; 3 - 5 years prior experience managing a team of Program Managers
- Advanced engineering degree or MBA is desirable.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Six Sigma certification a plus
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional program teams to achieve goals
- Proven understanding of the cross functional areas directly or indirectly related to the role - engineering, operations & logistics, system integration & validation, finance and being able to manage products within an overall portfolio. You must be able to demonstrate prior ‘hand-on’ knowledge with these functional areas.
- Ability to effectively communicate and create alignment by simplifying complex problems into clear, actionable statements
- Demonstrated prior experience to drive and facilitate trade offs and meet schedules, ensuring business and program objectives remain aligned with engineering goals, adjust priorities if/when needed or warranted
- Able to translate customer needs into action
- Prior experience with shipping Consumer systems is extremely valuable
Meet Some of Peloton's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Emma is responsible for providing an incredible experience for Peloton’s employees. Her ultimate goal is to support team members in all departments and make Peloton a great place to work.
Back to top