Director, Distribution Operations
- New York, NY
About the role:
A critical member of the Peloton Logistics Leadership Team accountable for operating a high performing Distribution network consisting of both in-house and 3PL run operations. The primary focus will be to develop a best in class distribution capability that will support Pelotons focus on Member Experience through creating a positive culture, assembling top talent, deploying robust capabilities, ensuring adequate capacity & achieving operational goals.
- Create a positive culture focused on Member experience and employee success
- Manage a network of Peloton & 3PL run DCs (8 DC’s and growing)
- Work with leadership to define and then be accountable to execute the Distribution strategy (People, Process & Technology)
- Establish and implement short and long range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies and operating procedures
- Develop best in class processes
- Develop & monitor KPI’s to drive positive operational outcomes
- Plan and oversee strategic, operational, and administrative programs including site and network engineering
- Provides strategic advice and recommendations to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices and procedures within the distribution environment
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in all areas of responsibility
- Drive continuous improvement culture through the deployment of lean principles
- Accountable for achieving budgeted financials & critical Member Experience metrics
- Attracting and developing the leadership levels at all sites and driving robust succession plans
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Business, Operations, Engineering or similar. Prefer MS / MBA in Business, Operations, Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 15 years of experience within distribution or other operational environment.
- Minimum of 10 years in general managerial equivalent roles
- 5 years Managing 3PL in a DC environment
- Warehousing experience within a multisite environment
- Deep knowledge of Distribution operations, processes and technology
- Distribution, inventory, and life-cycle management required.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations, procedures, formulating policy and developing / implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top