Are you passionate about helping people solve technology problems? Peloton is looking for a bright, adaptable, and hardworking DevOps Engineer with a diverse set of skills that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. As a DevOps Engineer you will work across the teams in our North America footprint to provide and support IT streaming services and studio operations. In this role a premium is put on customer service and ultimately customer satisfaction by providing timely, accurate, and professional support. A successful candidate will excel in a fast paced team environment, and possess excellent communication skills while having a high degree of aptitude over a large scope of software, hardware, AWS hosting, and networking disciplines.
We’re looking for an experienced, passionate DevOps Engineer to scale and maintain our growing media delivery pipeline. The ideal candidate knows how to strike the balance between moving quickly and mitigating risk, can operate effectively in a fast-paced startup environment, and have worked with companies at our scale and beyond.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own all aspects of Peloton’s media delivery infrastructure and associated strategy
- Be responsible for all underlying technology and technology enabled workflows for studio operations
- Manage and support our AWS hosting architecture, transcoding operations, and CDN services
- Research, recommend, and implement new technologies
- Proficient in developing, debugging, and optimizing complex content delivery pipelines
- Advanced experience with CDN technologies associated with HLS stream delivery (Akamai, CloudFront, etc).
- Advanced experience working with Elemental Live and VOD transcoders
- Experience with workflows and underlying technologies associated with broadcast studio operations, content origination, post processing, etc.
- Experience with Linux server administration and best practices
- Solid experience managing, monitoring, and supporting high traffic environments
- Experience collaborating with Web/Software Development teams
- Experience with software release management (GIT) and agile/scrum methodologies
- Solid back end experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ELB), caching (memcache, varnish), deployment systems (chef, puppet)
- Experience with build & configuration management tools (Chef, Terraform, Puppet)
- Solid familiarity with building and maintaining continuous deployment environments
- Solid Linux shell scripting chops
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.
Back to top