Content Infrastructure Security Engineer
- New York, NY
As a Content Security Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, and secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, and monitoring Peloton’s streaming infrastructure. We do this by developing and maintaining a media asset workflow that manages both live and video on demand (VOD) content. Ultimately, the goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members. Our team also works with the production team to manage the automated ingestion of new media. We also collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management.
The Content Security Technology Engineer is a new and innovative role under Streaming Engineering designed to leverage technology to solve security problems and be forward-thinking in the forensic posture at Peloton. This role will support in designing and securing technology, infrastructure, storage, and solutions for the Content team not only looking at our external posture but looking at our internal asset management and access control over the assets.
- Helping design & secure adaptive media delivery production facilities.
- Driving a secure identity management solution that meets the needs of production.
- Participate in the secure development of functional requirements and technical specifications for the Peloton platform.
- Research & Pilot content security/industry-specific technology. This includes forward-thinking initiatives such as designing and helping implement end-to-end secure cloud workflows for content creation.
- Creating technical security documentation and hardening guidelines for Peloton and vendor system ecosystems.
- Maintaining partnerships with Information Security teams (network monitoring, vulnerability management, etc).
- Liaise and facilitate communication between business partners and multi-functional teams and/or vendors.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of trends and standard methodologies.
- Establish and cultivate positive relationships at all levels.
- Experience with video and audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) technologies
- Experience in development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Experience in analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN infrastructure
- Experience with Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine and Fairplay
- 4+ years of professional IT/technical/Content Security experience in the Media & Entertainment industry.
- Experience in securing networks and systems in a production environment.
- Experience serving as a domain expert in providing technical guidance and standard methodologies for systems & tools common in Media & Entertainment.
- Experience testing systems required to support production.
- Experience providing technical solutions with a focus on automation and security.
- Experience deploying and securing an identity management system for an organization.
- Ability to navigate the complexities of prioritization while balancing partner relationships.
- Superb communication skills in all written, oral, and presentation capabilities, with an ability to convey complex concepts to all levels of personnel (staff to executive).
- Effectively coordinates work and communication across disparate groups.
- Able to quickly adapt to new technical and functional concepts.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple contending priorities.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer-facing roles in the field of Media & Entertainment industry
- Experience working with end-user developer communities.
- Experience supporting partners and programs.
- Experience with digital rights management.
- Experience with video codecs and compression.
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand.
- Experience with AWS media services.
- Experience working with global medial delivery in a multi-CDN environment.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top