Content Infrastructure Security Engineer
- New York, NY
As a Content Security Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, and secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, and monitoring Peloton’s streaming infrastructure. We do this by developing and maintaining a media asset workflow that manages both live and video on demand (VOD) content. Ultimately, the goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members. Our team also works with the production team to manage the automated ingestion of new media. We also collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management.
The Content Security Technology Engineer is a new and innovative role under Streaming Engineering designed to leverage technology to solve security problems and be forward-thinking in the forensic posture at Peloton. This role will support in designing and securing technology, infrastructure, storage, and solutions for the Content team not only looking at our external posture but looking at our internal asset management and access control over the assets.
- Helping design & secure adaptive media delivery production facilities.
- Driving a secure identity management solution that meets the needs of production.
- Participate in the secure development of functional requirements and technical specifications for the Peloton platform.
- Research & Pilot content security/industry-specific technology. This includes forward-thinking initiatives such as designing and helping implement end-to-end secure cloud workflows for content creation.
- Creating technical security documentation and hardening guidelines for Peloton and vendor system ecosystems.
- Maintaining partnerships with Information Security teams (network monitoring, vulnerability management, etc).
- Liaise and facilitate communication between business partners and multi-functional teams and/or vendors.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of trends and standard methodologies.
- Establish and cultivate positive relationships at all levels.
- Experience with video and audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) technologies
- Experience in development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Experience in analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN infrastructure
- Experience with Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine and Fairplay
- 4+ years of professional IT/technical/Content Security experience in the Media & Entertainment industry.
- Experience in securing networks and systems in a production environment.
- Experience serving as a domain expert in providing technical guidance and standard methodologies for systems & tools common in Media & Entertainment.
- Experience testing systems required to support production.
- Experience providing technical solutions with a focus on automation and security.
- Experience deploying and securing an identity management system for an organization.
- Ability to navigate the complexities of prioritization while balancing partner relationships.
- Superb communication skills in all written, oral, and presentation capabilities, with an ability to convey complex concepts to all levels of personnel (staff to executive).
- Effectively coordinates work and communication across disparate groups.
- Able to quickly adapt to new technical and functional concepts.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple contending priorities.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer-facing roles in the field of Media & Entertainment industry
- Experience working with end-user developer communities.
- Experience supporting partners and programs.
- Experience with digital rights management.
- Experience with video codecs and compression.
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand.
- Experience with AWS media services.
- Experience working with global medial delivery in a multi-CDN environment.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Back to top