Assembly Production Manager
- Perris, CA
Assembly Production Manager
Location: Los Angeles Distribution Center
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
The Assembly Manager works in a cross-functional warehouse/manufacturing environment (engineering, manufacturing, and quality) with the responsibility of supporting assembly activities for Peloton’s world class products. The Assembly Production Manager works closely with production supervisor, assembly technicians, engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to build Peloton’s world-class products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Coach Safety, and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Create production improvement strategies relative to KPIs
- Lead production and manpower planning activities
- Monitor ANDON occurrences. Be the first responder
- Use a variety of automation, hand tools, power tools, presses, fixtures, computers, gages, software, work instructions and test equipment
- Create section leader and technician individual career development plans, employee training and continuous learning activities
- Meet FPY/FTQ, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and expense targets
- Participate in product teardowns for root cause failure analysis, DOE, 5Y, 8D, etc.
- Administration of supervisory responsibilities and documentation
- Ability to work OT, and any shift, as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Ensures adherence to detailed assembly instructions, processes, policies and procedures
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Peloton Manufacturing & Quality Management System and Peloton Employee Handbook
- Wear required safety equipment and use protective guards and equipment
- Ensure compliance to all local and national occupational safety standards while performing task
- Prepare, present program status and updates to Peloton leadership
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- AA/BA Degree (Industrial, Mechanical, Systems) or equivalent experience (7+ years)
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management organizational and administrative skills
- Production Manager/Supervisory Experience in manufacturing with a team (20+)
- Prior experience managing a non-unionized workforce
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge of constraint management principles, Lean Manufacturing principles
- Manufacturing Safety and Quality experience
- Consumer hardware/products assembly experience (preferred)
- Understanding of assembly processes and equipment
- Knowledge of QMS/MES/MRP, automation, robotics, PLC’s, HMI’s, networking, IT, etc.
- Experience with mechanical/electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience with machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes, machining, injection molding, welding, etc.
- Knowledge Excel, Minitab; SPC preferred
- This position requires domestic travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 10% or more as needed
Back to top