Art Director, Apparel
- New York, NY
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Art Director at Peloton, you will be responsible for the development, presentation, and creation of visual assets that will be used across advertising channels including but not limited to: native app, email, print, social, and paid media. This role will be responsible for overseeing and developing various visual deliverables across retention marketing. The successful candidate will possess a sharp creative eye, a strong creative thinker and innovator, and a solid attention to styling, branding, typography, and passion for marketing. They will collaborate closely with Peloton’s internal creative team and work alongside, creative directors, stakeholders, designers, copywriters, editors, and retouchers.
- Foster a culture and an environment that is conducive to creative development
- Present concepts to clients, attend and/or lead client meetings and pitches as well as plan, develop, and defend creative recommendations, goals, and timelines
- Collaborate with UX, photographers, illustrators, content writers and more, with grace and ease to execute creative and innovative ideas and ensure they are on strategy and on schedule
- Maintain accurate and current knowledge of new design techniques, trends and applicable software
- Work in conjunction with Creative Director to insure the success of active projects
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in Content Marketing, PR, apparel and have a deep understanding of seasonal messaging strategies in order to develop concepts, designs and art direction to support the strategy
- Provide strategic visual solutions for marketing materials such as paid, email, social, marketing landing pages, site/app refreshes, print and OOH
- Apply conceptual thinking and creativity to complex business problems and briefs from conception to production
- Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights
- Elevates and evolves brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction
- Attends meetings as design lead and stays current with market trends to understand competitive landscape
- Will provide direction on-set for team’s of 10 - 15 people.
- They will be responsible to maximize static and motion assets across a minimum of 17 shoots a year
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in an art direction or design role with experience in-house or advertising within ecommerce and apparel
- 3 - 5 years of experience in art directing fashion shoots
- Be a proactive problem solver and thought leader by seeking out opportunities to better our visual communication or design
- Experience concepting for a variety of digital platforms, including video, social media
- Commanding knowledge of fashion industry and pop culture trends and deep library of aesthetic references
- Provide samples of impeccable aesthetic sensibility, innovative design and typography
- Solid understanding of creative production timelines, budgets and needs to ensure a productive on-set experience and output while maximizing video and still assets across multiple projects a year
- Must have existing relationships with external talent/vendors within the industry--photographers, directors, illustrators, animators, CGI and post-production houses, and any of their corresponding representation.
- Print production process, knowledge of production techniques and file prep procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Back to top