Android Engineering Manager (New Products)
- New York, NY
Our team is building the next generation of Peloton products. This team collaborates with multiple teams to build the user experience for the next generation of Peloton Connected Devices. We are building new experiences that will drive future growth of the company.
We are looking for motivated and proactive engineering managers with a strong technical background, experience leading engineering teams, proven leadership skills, a love for working with people, and a track record of delivering high-quality software.
- Hire a team of engineers that will responsible for developing and enhancing the application software running on Peloton equipment
- Implement best practices in architectural design and mentor team in these practices
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Program Management, and UX/UI to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives including defining objectives and driving new architecture
- Establish team level KPIs to measure the effectiveness of the team’s output and impact on customer engagement
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and leveraging commercial, off the shelf tools
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- 8+ years of software development experience, with some experience in native Android development. Demonstrable experience in having deployed Android applications commercially into production
- Experience with both Object-Oriented and Functional languages/designs
- Strength with Kotlin/Java for code reviews and making technical decisions
- 2+ years of leadership experience in team leadership and technology management
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Ability to identify the strength and weakness of individuals to maximize team effectiveness; guide individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery
- Familiarity with CI/CD and Test Pyramid. Understand how to incorporate test automation into development flows
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with application localization
- Experience with building applications with accessibility
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top