Android BSP Engineer
Peloton System Engineering team is looking for a skilled and highly motivated engineer interested to be part of a global team working on the next generation Peloton platform based on Android. The ideal candidate would be a software generalist with a keen interest in investigating system level issues and work with multiple software domains to engineer elegant solutions. Previous experience in working on projects at a system level is a plus. The ideal candidate would be able to work across core components of the Android software stack to develop new software modules as well as debug and integrate existing solutions that are generic across multiple infotainment platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- A software engineer in this position will focus their time developing Android BSP. As a Senior Engineer, they will be expected to function as a lead on some projects and mentor less experienced engineers and interns.
- The person most successful in this position will have a strong understanding of operating systems such as Android and LINUX; BSP development; Android build system and Linux kernel driver development. He/she should also have a solid knowledge of and experience in embedded C/C++; passion for developing new products, and experience working the complete SW development life cycle.
- The person will have a working knowledge of Android-based systems, and a very good understanding of ARM architecture. Prior experience of working on Linux Kernel drivers, Multimedia, Graphics and/or other Android HALs is an added advantage.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer-driven design reviews throughout the program.
- Coordinates software development activities with the software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with the software team leader to negotiate a resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside Peloton to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Manages large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
- May direct the work of 1-2 other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of embedded software development or testing.
- 5 years of C/C++ or other structured languages.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experience working on the core Android stack, especially with the framework, HAL, and or Linux kernel.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
Meet Some of Peloton's Employees
Emma M.Sr. People Manager
Emma is responsible for providing an incredible experience for Peloton’s employees. Her ultimate goal is to support team members in all departments and make Peloton a great place to work.
Back to top