Sr. Software Engineer – Database Technology
Design and develop Pega's Core Engine database technology, focusing on the Java code generation and compilation system. This is the heart of Pega's platform, which is used by all of our cloud-based strategic applications for sales, marketing and services operations. Working in a highly collaborative environment, your excellent Java skills will help drive the development of our next generation platform.
In this role, you will:
- Work in a highly collaborative scrum team
- Develop at the heart of Pega's language processing engine - parser, compiler & code generation on the fly
- Design, develop & test highly scalable APIs for the platform
- Follow TDD principles and best practices
- Be a thought leader & mentor junior engineers
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world's most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Competitive pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, 3 weeks paid vacation plus 10 company holidays, 2 community service days, medical/eye/dental coverage, and even pet insurance!
As a product focused software engineer have a high level of technical aptitude with a genuine eagerness to learn, explore and enhance Pega technology using your expertise in Java development. You are a self-starter who exhibits creativity, hustle, integrity and teamwork.
- A technology related degree or equivalent working experience as a Java focused developer
- Experience developing highly scalable frameworks & APIs in Java
- Strong relational and NoSQL database experience
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (e.g. Junit, TestNG)
- Comfortable working as part of an Agile Scrum team
Meet Some of Pegasystems's Employees
Manager, Sales Consulting
Andri manages a Pre-Sales Team that helps potential customers understand the technical possibilities of what Pega can do for their business.
Back to top