Software Engineer (Java / Backend)
- Salem, NH
Meet Our Team:
Pega's 1-1 customer engagement solution re-defines how large enterprises interact with the ever-changing needs of their customers across a variety of channels. The most critical partof any such application is the engine, which in this case needs to handle and efficiently process massive amounts of data, apply appropriate analytical models, and facilitate scalable and performant orchestration of actions - both in real-time and batch.
That's a challenging set of expectations to meet. That's where you come in.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
As a contributing member on the back-end development team, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, implementing, and testing the next generation of enhancements to Pega's industry leading 'Next-Best-Action' application. This is your chance to get hands-on with leading-edge technology solving urgent and pervasive problems for some of the world's most recognized and valued brands.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Design and implement enterprise-level applications with key emphasis on performance and scalability
- Leverage best-in-class Big Data and AI technologies from the Pega Platform to move state-of-the-art marketing technology to interact with people 1-to-1
- Collaborate with fellow Agile team members on feature design; write and provide commentary on software design proposals
Who You Are:
- You are a Java developer who is passionate about algorithms and performance, and strive to find simple, elegant solutions to complex real-world business problems.
- You are passionate about learning new technologies and are interested in utilizing the power of model-driven development to architect and implement low-code enterprise applications.
- You enjoy working in an agile, fast-paced environment that values collaboration and teamwork.
- You possess strong communication and inter-personal skills and thrive in a robust environment that imposes new challenges frequently.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 3-5 years of software development experience in Java
- Experience in analysis, design, and development of object-oriented applications
- Experience using Java performance analysis and optimization tools
- Experience using the following: Relational Databases (Oracle, Postgres, etc.), SQL, REST API Design
- Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience with DevOps technologies (Docker, Gradle, Git) and NoSQL technologies (Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MongoDB) a plus
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Job ID: 9830
Back to top