Software Engineer - Developer Productivity
- Krakow, Poland
Meet Our Team:
Pegasystems is seeking a talented Engineer to join our Speed, Quality, Innovation and Delivery DevOps organization. The team develops a variety of software tools to support massively scaled test automation, cloud-based provisioning and infrastructure automation. In this position you will mainly develop in Java derived languages and set and configure environments and tools (like Docker) on AWS . You will be part of a Global Team and cooperate with engineers based in the US and India.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
In this role, you will work with a group of system and software engineering professionals who are passionate about great software build and release processes, and play an important role in delivering industry leading continuous delivery practices and supporting tooling to Pega. Becoming part of this team is a great opportunity to learn and work with technologies like Kubernetes, AWS, GitOps. Finally, you will play a role in continually elevating our global DevOps practices.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Design and develop software that improves Pega's development, testing, deployment and operational capabilities,
- Leverage cloud-based infrastructure to reduce friction in development and testing,
- Design, develop and maintain infrastructure services that support the process,
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to improve developer productivity and experience,
- Administer, monitor, and troubleshoot the continuous delivery process - triage infrastructure related issues and deliver immediate fixes and communicate with stakeholders on progress.
Who You Are:
You are an inventive and passionate team player who can drive issues and projects to a closure in a fast paced, globally distributed, enterprise software engineering environment. You feel comfortable with collaboration, open communication and working across functional boundaries. You have an active interest in seeing every stage of software production. You are versatile and open to changes.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor/master's degree in Computer Science or related field,
- 3+ years of professional experience,
- Good knowledge of Java and of one or more dynamic languages (Python, Groovy, Ruby),
- Source control system usage and administration - Git,
- Good knowledge of Linux & Bash,
- Proficient in software build tools (Gradle, Maven),
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB) and related tools,
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills,
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment,
- Agile development process experience.
Nice to have skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of Kotlin,
- Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes,
- Cloud based environment experience (AWS),
- Open Source development experience.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Many opportunities of development - internal and external training possibilities, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices or with other local teams for a few weeks.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport/Cinema City Card, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program and that's not all).
- An inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other awesome things with us).
- A hi-tech office located in Bonarka4Business Center. We are sure that you will enjoy our relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives (e.g. team events; yoga classes; volleyball, squash trainings, and many more)!
Job ID: 10496
Back to top