- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Meet Our Team:
Within Core Engine product area, the team owns the tools, data and interfaces provided by the platform and consumed by customers, operations or other tools in developing, debugging and/or administering the platform as to help reduce or eliminate pain points and improve customer satisfaction. The primary focus is on Pega Platform observability (monitoring/metrics, alerting, logging, tracing) and operations capabilities. The team is also picking up cross area work pursuing Pega Cloud (AWS) and Cloud Choice (K8S) directions.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The team is expected to own solving domain problems in end-to-end manner. This starts from capturing specific assumptions and constraints, then moves to technical design and implementation phase and is wrapped up with production adoption. All these involve engaging and communicating with internal stakeholders including cloud operations and applications teams. Therefore, combination of all-around development (various technologies) and basic operation skills is essential as well as ability to adapt to dynamic environment.
What You'll Do at Pega:
• Collaborate with the Product team and other stakeholders to translate feature requirements into software deliverables,
• Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software,
• Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities,
• Solve Pega's platform business domain problems using various technology solutions,
• Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools,
• Contribute productively to a fast-paced agile/scrum software development team.
Who You Are:
You combine energy, creativity and drive with a deep understanding of best-in-class industry practices to
evolve the core engine that powers the Pega platform. You are able to work collaboratively in a team to
brainstorm, plan and develop new features. You have:
• 5+ years of professional experience,
• Experience working with core Java (and openness to other technologies),
• Problem solving drive/attitude,
• Knowledge of and/or willingness to work within Scrum Methodology,
• Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills in English.
What You've Accomplished:
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field,
• Strong object-oriented design and development skills,
• Solid understanding of, and practical experience with the SDLC,
• Experience building highly scalable multi-user software applications,
• Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
It would be an asset if you have:
• Knowledge of observability and operations tools and practices,
• Exposure to Cloud (e.g. AWS) or Kubernetes.
Pega Offers You:
• A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
• Working with variety of technologies in a company which follows the newest trends in the IT market.
• A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
• An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
• Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours.
• Attractive salary and package (Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and
• Feeling the power of social spirit - we support many team and sports initiatives.
• Working in a very hi-tech new office with relax and game rooms.
Job ID: 10836
Back to top