Senior Technical Solutions Engineer
The Senior Technical Solutions Engineer (Sr.TSE) is the person, the experts go for help. Sr.TSEs work directly with Pegasystems' staff, partners, and customers as they develop, test, deploy, and manage BPM (Business Process Management) and BRE (Business Rules Engine) applications through the entire product lifecycle. Sr. TSEs contribute their technical expertise and Pegasystems product knowledge in resolving complex technology challenges to help customers in meeting their business needs.
In this role, you will:
- Exhibit strong technical acumen and desire to be 'hands on' in the product support process
- Become technically proficient with PRPC tools
- Meet aggressive deadlines and handle the pressure associated with it
- Taking responsibility for the assigned work and produces results as promised
- Focuses on results and the measurement of desired outcomes
- Customer Service Orientation:
- Balance the requests of customers and readily adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing business demands
- Ensure complaints, requests, and problems are addressed effectively and within appropriate time frame
- Decision Making & Problem Solving:
- Possess an analytical, problem-solving orientation; logically identify and analyze problems
- Organize information and relate and compare data from different sources; understand and identify problems and opportunities
- Behavioral and Relationship Skills:
- Adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing
- Develop and sustain effective cooperative working relationships with peers, managers, and other internal or external people critical to successful performance
- Creativity and Innovation:
- Develop new insights into situations and apply creative and innovative solutions
- Continuous Learning and Improvement:
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information that has varying degrees of complexity
- Recognize own strengths and weaknesses and consistently pursue skills-development, especially in technical area
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world's most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Opportunity to work on some of the latest technologies
Candidates must have a strong technical and computer science background and come prepared and ready to learn and explore Pegasystems technology. Candidates are expected to think independently, but also must value teamwork as they design, develop, troubleshoot the customer issues.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in a technical role involving Java, J2EE expertise and databases programming experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a Java, J2EE software developer
- 2+ years of experience as a J2EE servers administrator and J2EE server software products support with exposure to database concepts and administration
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact in technical discussions.
- Experience in a Customer Support role for a software product is desirable.
- Advanced competency is desirable in the majority of these areas. Expertise in at least three areas is desirable.
- PegaRULES Process Commander development, including System Architect certification
- Databases and SQL (specifically Oracle, DB2, UDB)
- Operating Systems (specifically Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris)
- Interfaces and communications (specifically SOAP, MQ, JMS)
- Intermediate (i.e. level 2) technical understanding of multiple Pegasystems frameworks (e.g. CPM, Smart Apps, etc.)
Pegasystems' Build for Change® Platform is the heart of Better Business Software™.
It delivers business agility and empowers leading organizations to rapidly close execution gaps and seize new opportunities. Pegasystems leverages its recognized leadership in Business Process Management (BPM), Multi-Channel Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Rules, and Adaptive Analytics to uniquely give its clients the power to engage customers, simplify operations and Build For Change®. For more information, please visit us
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
For information about benefits offerings, please visit
Meet Some of Pegasystems's Employees
Manager, Sales Consulting
Andri manages a Pre-Sales Team that helps potential customers understand the technical possibilities of what Pega can do for their business.
Back to top