Senior Software Engineer, Runtime Engine
- Cambridge, MA
Meet Our Team:
Pega's Runtime Engine Alliance delivers core capabilities to run our Clients' Pega Infinity Applications and our Pega Cloud Services Business at scale. Pega offers Cloud-Choice, so Pega applications can be deployed on Amazon AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud, or on private cloud. The next generation of Pega platform architecture will use cutting-edge cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka, MongoDB, Elastic Search, and Redis. Our team develops Pega's high-throughput runtime engine which enables the cost-effective, performant, scalable, upgradable, reliable, and resilient operation of our offerings with a modern microservices-based architecture, best-in-class technologies, and a frictionless client experience. We primary focus is on stateless and scalable execution, in order to support the $1B and growing client base on the Pega Engine.
That's a challenging set of expectations to meet. That's where you come in.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Engineers at Pegawork in a fast-paced environmentto respond to business drivers and customer needs. Working with an established enterprise codebase, you are routinely involved in design and development with a key focus on distributed/cloud computing, concurrency and performance.
An active scrum team member, you will contribute to the Engineering organization and actively engage in a variety of complex technological initiatives, including new feature development, bug fixing, unit testing, and performance testing.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Develop and maintain server-side components of the Pega application development platform
- Contribute productively to a fast-paced agile/scrum software development team
- Collaborate with the Product team and other stakeholders to translate feature requirements into software deliverables
- Provide subject matter expertise to Pega's global support organization and internal application development teams
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools
Who You Are:
You are a proven performer with a solid foundation in the basics of software development, including object-oriented design, Test Driven Development (TDD) and continuous integration. You are passionate about exploring new technologies, have an eye for software design and committed to putting your software development skills into practice building fit-for-purpose solutions.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar degree is required
- 5-8 years experience working in an agile software development environment (TDD, ATDD)
- Production software development experience in Java
- Deep knowledge and curiosity in a broad variety of databases
- Knowledge of Java internals, database internals, web technologies, and database administration
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Job ID: 10837
Back to top