Senior Software Engineer - Decision Data Services
Meet Our Team:
By joining our team, you will participate in the development of Pega Customer Decision Hub platform that leverages big data analysis and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time decisioning framework allowing companies to anticipate customer needs, predict their behaviors and - ultimately - improve their engagement.
The team is also a member of the company "as a service" initiative. We are formed from talented software and cloud engineers. We are responsible for building completely new, independent, multi-tenant services that provision and manage Cassandra clusters using a third-party vendor. This is a critical component that allows storing massive amounts of data that is then used in distributed data processing pipelines. Currently, we have hundreds of Cassandra clusters on production and the number is rapidly growing.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
In this role, you will have end-to-end ownership of new microservices. You will be a key member of our team, leveraging your experience to impact design and technology choices. Your engagement, effective collaboration with internal stakeholders and other teams, will be more than appreciated. Becoming part of this team is a great opportunity to work with large, multi-node environments and solve business problems requiring high-throughput and low-latency solutions.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work collaboratively to design, develop, test, and document new components and services,
- Provide technical assistance to advance the capabilities of products and resolve complex issues,
- Mentor and inspire junior engineers,
- Identify, learn and incorporate new technologies and methodologies into existing infrastructure and team development behaviors.
Who You Are:
You are an effective communicator and collaborator, who will be responsible for design and development of our products. Also, you demonstrate initiative and autonomy at work. You also have:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or related field,
- 6+ years of experience in IT,
- Exposure to cloud native and (micro) service architectures,
- Very good command of English.
What You've Accomplished:
- Designed, built and delivered highly scalable, multi-tenant services,
- Mastered one or more general purpose programming language including, but not limited to: Java, Python,
- Working knowledge of Cloud (e.g. AWS) or Kubernetes,
- Deployment and operational perspective - monitoring, deploying (CI/CD), upgrading services,
- Prior experience with NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra) technologies will be a plus.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Many opportunities of development - on-boarding training, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices or with other local teams for a few weeks.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport/Cinema City Card, English lessons, Employee Assistance Program and that's not all).
- An inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other awesome things with us).
- A hi-tech office located in Bonarka4Business Center. We are sure that you will enjoy our relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives (e.g. team events; yoga classes; volleyball, squash trainings, and many more)!
Job ID: 9217
Back to top