Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Big Data
- Krakow, Poland
Meet Our Team:
The rapid growth of data over the past decade exceeds human capacity. In Pega, we not only discover information, but also classify it and learn from it.
By joining our team, you will participate in development of Pega Customer Decision Hub platform that leverages big data analysis and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time decisioning framework allowing companies to anticipate customer needs, predict their behaviors and - ultimately - improve their engagement.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
In this role, you will work with a team of talented engineers working on a framework for design and execution of distributed data processing pipelines. Your focus will be laid on backend integrations with external data sets residing on e.g. hadoop (hdfs), hbase, Cassandra etc. Technology stack includes Java SE, Tomcat, Gradle, Jenkins, AWS and other industry-standard tools. It's a great opportunity to work with large, multi-node environments and solve business problems requiring high-throughput and low-latency solutions.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Perform automated (90%) and manual (10%) tests,
- Promote TDD and drive test case design and implementation for new and existing product features, including translating new user stories into test case designs,
- Develop, maintain and enhance test automation infrastructure; troubleshoot and address issues,
- Identify, learn and incorporate new testing technologies and methodologies into existing infrastructure and team development behavior.
Who You Are:
You are a pragmatic, result-oriented team player who understands requirements to plan testing on all levels (manual/exploration, integration and UI tests), who can create both automated tests as well as execute manual tests and coordinate work.
You also have:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or related field,
- 6+ years of experience in IT,
- 4+ years of experience in testing web applications and backend,
- Very good command of English.
What You've Accomplished:
- Acquired skills in Java programming language,
- Knowledge of Unix systems,
- Demonstrated initiative and autonomy at work,
- Familiarity with multiple testing technologies and tools,
- Prior experience with Big Data related technologies will be a plus.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Many opportunities of development - an extensive on-boarding training, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices or with other local teams for a few weeks.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport/Cinema City Card, English lessons, Employee Assistance Program and that's not all).
- An inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other awesome things with us).
- A hi-tech new office located in Bonarka4Business Center. We are sure that you will enjoy our relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives (e.g. team events; yoga classes; volleyball, squash trainings, and many more)!
Job ID: 10185
Back to top