Senior Legal Counsel and Commercial Negotiator
- Sydney, Australia
Meet Our Team:
As a key contributor to the Pega Legal team, you will partner closely with our sales, finance, and commercial operations groups to drive deals to the finish line. This is a highly tactical, well rounded group of business minded legal professionals that play a critical role to Pega's growth. If you are looking to join an amazing, growing, high performing team that will challenge you, this is the team for you.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role you will lead and manage the mission-critical task of pricing, drafting, negotiating and closing numerous complex software license and service transactions. These transactions are often multi-million dollar deals with large industry-leading companies and involve time-sensitive, high-intensity negotiations with skilled client procurement experts or professional negotiators.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Lead rapid framing of license transactions and negotiation strategy, working with Sales, Finance and senior management, and drive internal approvals and submission of customer proposals.
- Act as lead negotiator for the company in direct interaction with customers' procurement executives to ensure that negotiations are conducted in a disciplined manner using the full offer process to retain maximum value for the company and consistency with company standards and precedent.
- Act as role model and point of escalation on license and negotiation tactics for other dealmaker team members.
- Review and draft software license and services agreements using concise, plain English language to rapidly resolve contract issues in a manner that is reasonable for the company and the customer.
Who You Are:
A detail-oriented, business savvy legal professional with experience negotiating complex software license and service contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in law, Juris Doctor or Master of Laws
- 10+ years' experience negotiating large, complex transactions
- 10+ years' experience drafting complex contracts
- Understanding of key technologies relevant to Pegasystems
- Understanding of software revenue recognition principles
What You've Accomplished:
- You have had detailed involvement in deal structuring and pricing, contract drafting, negotiating business and contractual terms with customers, and revenue recognition analysis.
- You have partnered with internal clients, like finance, to align business and financial goals.
- You are experienced interacting with, and persuading, senior management on strategic decisions.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment.
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company.
Job ID: 10048
Back to top